The Week of Optimism will not occur without “Good” by Jocko Willink.
This Week’s Info
- Theme: “The Week of Optimism”
- Mobility Focus: Global
- Stability Goals: Weighted Shoulder
- Skill work: Ground Game
- *NEW* Teenage Athlete 2-Month Membership
- We now offer a 2-month membership ($145/mo) for our athletes ages 13-19 so they may continue to be active in a safe manner while sports schedules have been cancelled, rescheduled or placed on hold. Please spread the word!
- *MamaBear Course BEGINS Sept 29th – Registration OPEN*
- This is an 8-week course for mamas anywhere on the motherhood spectrum who are wanting to work on strength, mobility, and stability with considerations specific to a mama’s pelvic floor and core.
- We connect and create a space where you are safe, seen and heard for ALL THINGS MAMA.
- Tuesdays @ 7-8:30pm (3 spots left for Tuesday / Friday is FULL)
- This course is $50 for gym members and $125 for non-members.
Health Tip – Vitamin D
Get outside and get sunshine while you can! Michigan residents notoriously have low vitamin D levels, and direct sunlight causes the development of vitamin D which is crucial for immune health.
Supplementation can also help increase your levels and ensure you are getting the amounts you need. Nutritionally, Vitamin D can be found in mushrooms, fatty fish / seafood, and egg yolks. Many foods are fortified with vitamin D, but be cautious as they are typically processed and have additional ingredients that may be less than ideal.
WOD Programming Phase Schedule
- Strength: Monday & Thursday
- Pliability: Tuesday & Friday
- MetCon: Wednesday & Saturday
COVID Policy Review
- *NEW* As you know, the governor has opened gyms to indoor workouts as of last week! Wahooo!
- *NEW* Based on the survey we sent out a few weeks ago, an almost unanimous response was to keep classes outdoors as long as possible.
- *NEW* We agree! There is so much benefit to fresh air and vitamin D is crucial for our health.
- *NEW* Therefore, we will continue outdoor classes but also utilize our indoor equipment a bit more often.
- Our coaches are educated on our protocols and will do everything they can to keep everyone (themselves included) safe.
- When indoors, we will practice socially distanced workouts with masks on.
- Members are asked to bring their own towel or yoga mats
- We use medical grade Re-Juv-Nal cleaner on all surfaces, including doors/handles/armrests, etc. immediately after each session
- We require every person to wash hands on arrival and wash hands on departure.
- All staff will be wearing masks for your safety.
- You can find our complete COVID-19 Protocol HERE
- Please contact Dr. Ellen at Ellen@MindsetPT.com with any additional questions.
- Reserve your spot EARLY for the classes you desire!
- Feel free to book weeks in advance to keep yourself accountable and ensure the times you prefer!
- Please use the waitlist feature so if a spot opens, you will be notified! Also, this helps our staff determine where we need to add classes for greater availability!
- Use our MindsetPT app or our live calendar on our website for easy scheduling!
WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!
Your Mindset Family