The Week of
Your Body = Your Home
This Week’s Info
- Mobility Focus: Shoulder / TS
- Stability Goals: Shoulder 0-90
- Skill Work: Diagonal Work
- Mindset: Your Body = Your Home
WOD Programming Schedule (thru February 25th, 2023)
- Monday: MetCon
- Tuesday: Strength
- Wednesday: Pliability
- Thursday: MetCon
- Friday: Strength
- Saturday: Pliability
When: February 3rd, 2023
Where: Girl Scout Regional Program and Training Facility
601 W Maple St, Kalamazoo, MI 49008
What to Bring: Your smile and appetite!
Got Questions? Email Amanda@Mindsetpt.com or call 269.447.2672
Dress Code: Wear something that makes you feel good in your body! If that is a suit or dress, DO IT! If that is sweatpants and a Mindset hoodie, DO IT! We love you for who you are, not what you wear!
Late Cancellation Reminder
We all know that sometimes we can’t make it to class at the last minute and our staff knows that this happens. We have your back!
So let’s review the proper method of notification so that you can avoid any cancellation fees.
THE DOs: Please email our amazing Guest Experience Coordinator, Amanda Willer at Amanda@MindsetPT.com or call 269-447-2672 to let us know.
THE DON’Ts: Please do NOT message your coaches through their social media channels or personal cell phones.
If you have additional questions or concerns, feel free to email Dr. Ellen (Ellen@mindsetpt.com) or Amanda (Amanda@mindsetpt.com)
Dr. Ellen’s Health Tip
Clara passed away a couple months ago before her second birthday but before she passed, she benefited from countless blood and plasma transfusions.
Please consider donating and sign up HERE!
Am I eligible to donate blood?
How do blood donations actually help people?
Functional Medicine Corner
We’ve been learning quite a bit about electrolytes, or essential minerals, and how much they play a role in our health every day. Not only do they help our heart, muscles, brain, and gut work optimally, but they also help keep our bodies truly hydrated.
In other words, essential minerals such as sodium, potassium and magnesium help to direct water that we drink into our cells where it helps keep them functioning at their best. So, what can we do to help optimize these minerals?
1) Eat water-filled fruits and veggies like kiwi, watermelon, celery, bell peppers, citrus fruit, and pineapple. All of these contain quite a bit of water in addition to essential vitamins and minerals to help truly hydrate. Coconut water is also a fantastic source of electrolytes, and therefore hydration. It’s nature’s form of Gatorade!
2) Focus on including foods high in magnesium and potassium, such as broccoli and cauliflower, avocado, spinach, squash, and sweet potato. Alone, this helps balance higher sodium levels that can be found in many packaged foods. Generally, sodium gets a bad rap, but for many people ingesting sodium itself is not the problem. The imbalance of sodium in relation to other essential minerals is what leads to water retention or worsening blood pressure. Eating more of these whole foods helps to correct this balance!
3) Drink water…but how much? This is a common question, and there is not one answer that fits everyone. Generally, you are hydrated well if you are urinating every 3-4 hours during the day, and your urine isn’t dark but a light yellow. Hydration needs can be different depending on weather or physical activity as well. Especially if we are sweating, that means we are losing minerals as well as water, making electrolyte and fluid replacement that much more important!
I hope this information helps you understand true hydration and electrolyte balance more completely. Please don’t hesitate to ask questions, and I hope to see you at the party!
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – Stephanie Murphy
It is a new year and a new month–which means it is time for a new Mindset Member of the Month!
This January we are spotlighting the strong and soulful @stephanie.murphy.msw!
Stephanie–we admire your positive attitude, your down-to-earth nature, your smile, and your strength! We love having a MamaBear like you in our community! We feel the sunshine every time you are in class. Wishing you a great Member month and lots of love going into the new year!
Help us shower Stephanie with love this month!