The Week of
This Week’s Info
- Mobility Focus: GLOBAL
- Stability Goals: GLOBAL
- Skill Work: GLOBAL
- Mindset: ASSESSMENT
WOD Programming Schedule
CHECK OUT THE VIDEOS BELOW FOR ASSESSMENT WEEK DETAILS!
- Monday / Thursday: Assessment Day A
- Tuesday / Friday: Assessment Day B
- Wednesday / Saturday: Assessment Day C
- Gift Certificates are available for all of our services! Give the Gift of Mindset!
- Gym memberships
- Nutrition session
- Personal training
- And more!!
- Reach out to Amanda today (email@example.com)
- Orders should be in this week! We can’t wait to see you in your new gear!!
- Mock Elections
- Ballots will be available ALL MONTH
- White Elephant Drop Off
- December 12, 19th (2 more left!)
- Assessment Week
- THIS WEEK
- Member Week
- Dec 19-23rd
- NOTE HOLIDAY HOURS THAT WEEK!
- VOTE HERE to nominate a member!
- Christmas Eve Specialty Workout
- Coach Cassidi is leading the charge for the Pay It Forward workout at 8am on 12/24/22.
- Tickets will be $20 and ALL PROCEEDS go to the women’s and children area of the Kalamazoo Gospel Mission!
- Can’t make it but want to donate? CLICK HERE!
- Best of 2022 Week
- Dec 26-31st
- VOTE HERE for your favorite workout of the year!
2023 NEW YEAR EVENTS
- We are planning a night of fun and celebrations!
- There will be food and fun, dancing and celebration so stay tuned for more details to come!
- We also have an awesome lineup of 2023 courses coming your way…
- Check out more details HERE!
Here are some great ways to prepare yourself:
- Breathe! Remember you have actually been preparing for this through our programming.
- For those of you doing this for your first time, have fun and gather baseline data.
- Remember that none of these numbers show any value about you as a human! It is just information you can use to track your progress over time.
- Eat nutritious food! Give your body the energy and nutrients it needs to perform and recover.
- Drink your water people! Consider adding a pinch of salt to your water (not enough to taste).
- Try to get to each Assessment Day once to expose yourself to the different areas of testing.
- RING THE BELL when you achieve a personal record! Write your achievements on the board! Celebrate every single win and attempt!
- Have FUN! CHEER on your fellow workout buddies! GIVE IT YOUR ALL!
Functional Medicine Corner
Last week we discussed the importance of rest in maintaining a strong immune system response against the viruses circulating around right now. However, there are other nutrients we can use to boost our immune system, as well as help to speed recovery if we end up feeling a little under the weather.
- This a key weapon in our immune system arsenal.
- We can get small amounts of vitamin D in fortified foods such as dairy products, and in certain fish like trout, salmon and sardines.
- Otherwise look for vitamin D-3 with K2 as this tends to work quickly to increase blood levels.
- Supplementing with 5000IU daily for a few days around large gatherings or after being exposed to a virus can help your body more efficiently fight it off.
- And remember – quality of supplements matters, so consider supporting your local health food store to greatly increase the likelihood you are getting lab-verified nutrients.
- Recent meta-analysis (one of the best forms of medical research available) confirmed that taking extra vitamin C at the beginning of a cold can significantly decrease its duration.
- Generally, taking 1000-4000mg of vitamin C daily can provide a booster dose during this time of year.
- Enjoying citrus fruits, tomatoes, and peppers as well as broccoli and kale can provide additional C support!
- This important mineral has also been shown to significantly reduce symptom severity and duration when taken within 24 hours of symptom onset.
- If you feel viral symptoms coming on, taking around 30 mg of zinc picolinate or zinc gluconate should help to speed recovery.
- To support the immune system’s ability to ward off viruses generally, include foods higher in zinc such as lentils and chickpeas, hemp and pumpkin seeds, grass-fed beef and cashews.
So support yourself with immune supporting foods and nutrients as well as good rest as we head into Assessment Week and all of the holiday celebrations!
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – Jenny Wheeler
It’s a new month and that means it is time to highlight a new Mindset Member!
This month we are spotlighting the strong and spunky Jenny Wheeler!
Jenny’s sense of humor and light-heartedness can lift a whole room up. She has a playful, fun attitude and she has been able to maintain that all while expecting! We admire her strength, positivity and fun-nature in all of our classes!
We are so honored and happy to have you in our Mindset family Jenny–we wish you nothing but the best in the weeks ahead! We are here for ya!
Help us shower Jenny with LOVE all month long.