The Week of
Mental Health Value
This Week’s Info
- Mobility Focus: Shoulder / Neck
- Stability Goals: Hollow Hold
- Skill Work: Plank / Handstand
- Mindset: Mental Health Value
WOD Programming Schedule (thru December 10th)
- Monday: Pliability
- Tuesday: Strength
- Wednesday: MetCon
- Thursday: Pliability
- Friday: Strength
- Saturday: MetCon
CHECK OUT THIS VIDEO ANNOUNCEMENT FROM DR. ELLEN!
- Mock Elections
- Ballots will be available ALL MONTH opening December 1st!
- Ugly Sweater WOD
- Dec 3rd 7:30/8:30am
- White Elephant Drop Off
- December 5, 12, 19th
- SIGN UP HERE!
- Assessment Week
- Dec 12-17th
- Member Week
- Dec 19-23rd.
- VOTE HERE to nominate a member!
- Christmas Eve Specialty Workout!
- Coach Cassidi is leading the charge for this specialty workout at 8am.
- Tickets will be $20 and ALL PROCEEDS go to a special Kalamazoo charity.
- So plan on coming to prioritize your health while benefiting our community!
- Details coming soon! Sign up will open next week!
- Best of 2022
- Dec 26-31st
- VOTE HERE for your favorite workout of the year!
JANUARY EVENTS – Party Time!
- We are planning a night of fun and celebrations!
- There will be food and fun, dancing and celebration so stay tuned for more details to come!
- Make sure to fill out our SURVEY HERE to give your input!
- We will be announcing Mock Election results from December at this party!
- STAY TUNED!
You all know that I kinda have a thing for the power of breath work. I don’t hide this obsession well. And I am ok with that.
With regards to mental health, breath work can be a powerful tool to have in the moment of an intense stress response. But it also has the capacity to rewire your nervous system when practiced consistently.
Check out the new series on Disney+ called Limitless. In the first episode, the host Chris Hemsworth explores what exactly happens during his stress response and how to improve it. I think you will enjoy the explanations, graphics and education!
Functional Medicine Corner
As Thanksgiving weekend comes to a close, let’s discuss the power of gratitude. Not just during this special holiday, but every day. Research has shown us that being grateful conveys some incredible health benefits.
When we feel the positive emotion associated with gratitude, dopamine increases, one of the feel-good hormones that can then decrease stress, anxiety and depression. Thankfulness can also decrease cortisol, which as we’ve discussed previously, can impact our physical health in so many ways, including decreasing blood pressure and lowering risk of cardiovascular disease. Focusing on gratitude before bed can sometimes help decrease insomnia and bring on more restful sleep as well.
There are so many ways we can find gratitude daily. Throughout this holiday season, I encourage you to make it a goal to find a time to be thankful daily. This can be a quiet, private moment, or you can find a way to share your gratitude with others. Regardless, gratitude is contagious and can provide joy for yourself and those around you this holiday season!
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – Jenny Wheeler
It’s a new month and that means it is time to highlight a new Mindset Member!
This month we are spotlighting the strong and spunky Jenny Wheeler!
Jenny’s sense of humor and light-heartedness can lift a whole room up. She has a playful, fun attitude and she has been able to maintain that all while expecting! We admire her strength, positivity and fun-nature in all of our classes!
We are so honored and happy to have you in our Mindset family Jenny–we wish you nothing but the best in the weeks ahead! We are here for ya!
Help us shower Jenny with LOVE all month long.