The Week of
This Week’s Info
- Mobility Focus: Overhead / Pelvic Floor
- Stability Goals: 4pt Front Line
- Skill Work: Pull Up 1
- Mindset: Self Value
WOD Programming Schedule (thru December 10th)
- Monday: Pliability
- Tuesday: Strength
- Wednesday: MetCon
- Thursday: Pliability
- Friday: Strength
- Saturday: MetCon
The Mindset SWAG SHOP is
OFFICIALLY OPEN UNTIL Nov 28th!
- Be sure to order yourself something nice and get your family and friends some gear too!
- We have samples of the materials and sizes for you to try on in the lobby along with plenty of information.
- Orders can be shipped to you or you can pick them up in the office.
- Orders will be filled by Dec 13th — great timing for holiday gifts!
- Also, look closely at the tie dye shirt design to see a special promotion we are running!
End of the Year Happenings
- November – Healthy Living Locally
- See our fourth Spotlight below!
- Mock Elections
- ALL MONTH! We will have ballots opening December 1st!
- Ugly Sweater WOD
- Dec 3rd 7:30/8:30
- White Elephant Drop Off
- December 5, 12, 19th.
- SIGN UP HERE!
- Assessment Week
- Dec 12-17th
- Member Week
- Dec 19-23rd.
- VOTE HERE to nominate a member!
- Best of 2022
- Dec 26-31st.
- VOTE HERE for your favorite workout of the year!
- Mock Elections
- January – Party Time!
- We are planning a night of fun and celebrations! There will be food and fun, dancing and celebration so stay tuned for more details to come!
- Make sure to fill out our SURVEY HERE to give your input!
- We will be announcing Mock Election results from December at this party!
We have so many amazing things happening to finish the end of 2022! However, I want to acknowledge that the holidays are not always unicorns, cupcakes, sunshine and rainbows for everyone. This can be a time of grief and sadness. So here is a gentle reminder to:
1) Be kind.
2) Listen more than you speak.
3) Seek out professional services such as counseling.
And know our gym is a safe place. We look forward to meeting you where you are and bringing smiles to your faces.
We love you more than you know.
Functional Medicine Corner
This is our fourth highlight of our HEALTHY LIVING LOCALLY series this month!
We saved the best for last!
Carrie Palmer has been gracing us with her wisdom, incredible knowledge and genuine kindness for many years! From speaking to our MamaBears about nutrition, discussing macros with our Athenas, offering weekly newsletter tips, and priceless 1:1 sessions, she is changing lives through health! The ripple effect of her efforts is incredible! If you haven’t met her yet…
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
We don’t always think of WHITE, TAN or BROWN foods as part of the rainbow, but there are several plants here that pack a powerful phytonutrient punch. Many in this color group include a variety of grains, legumes, nuts, and seeds. These not only provide important biochemicals, but also protein, fiber, and natural fats.
And although they don’t add much vibrant color to our plate, they can still add some incredible health benefits! And don’t forget – this group includes coffee beans which can provide antioxidant support.
- There are so many varieties available, and many of these provide some good fiber as well as immune system support especially.
- Mushrooms have historically been used medicinally. Lately we can find more and more products including cordyceps or lion’s mane on our store shelves, as these can provide both cognitive and immune benefits.
- Allicin in garlic specifically provides a variety of benefits to overall health, including helping to reduce blood pressure.
- It can also work as an anti-bacterial and anti-viral. Benefits are maximized if this is chopped or crushed and left to sit for 5-10 minutes before cooking or using.
- This can easily be added to meat and veggie dishes as well as salsa or hummus to add flavor while providing prebiotics to support your gut bugs!
Flax, sesame, and sunflower seeds
- These contain lignans, which serve as a phytoestrogen, or plant-based compound that works a little like estrogen in the body.
- They also serve as powerful antioxidants, helping to repair damaged cells, and studies show that lignans help to activate specific liver enzymes to deactivate toxins in the body.
- Flax can be added to smoothies or oatmeal easily, and seeds can be added to trail mix or even stir fry to add a nutty crunch.
Even adding brown spices like cinnamon or cloves to cooking or baking or cocoa to your smoothies can benefit your health. Bring on the pumpkin spice this week, and Happy Thanksgiving!
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – Carmen Johnson
Hey, hey Mindset fam–it is a new month and we have a new fiery member to spotlight this month! Raise your hands for Carmen Johnson this month–woot woot!
Carmen is a resistance band snapping, weight lifting powerhouse and we love her for her snappy personality. She has grown in her time with us and we love watching her PR and approaching goals with a positive attitude.
Help us love on her this month!