The Week of
This Week’s Info
- Mobility Focus: Shoulder
- Stability Goals: Rotator Cuff at 0 Deg
- Skill Work: Deadlift
- Mindset: The Process is the Point
WOD Programming Schedule (thru October 15th)
- Monday / Thursday: Strength
- Tuesday / Friday: MetCon
- Wednesday / Saturday: Pliability
Click HERE for the details and sign up!
Still on the fence about the meditation course?
Come meet Julie and learn about the course in this FREE info session via Zoom on Monday October 17th at 7pm!
Join the meeting HERE!
2022 is almost over! How did that happen? Let’s end this year with a BANG!
- October – Models and Mentors in Movement
- You are almost out of time to give away your 4 free classes to a friend, child, mentee, etc. for this month!
- Contact Amanda (Amanda@MindsetPT.com) ASAP to sign up someone you love!
- November – Healthy Living Locally
- Make sure to watch our social media and newsletters showcasing amazing local partners and specialty options going into the holidays!
- December – Celebrating YOU!
- Be on the lookout for our mock elections!
- January – Party Time!
- We are planning a night of fun and celebrations! There will be food and fun so stay tuned for more details to come!
Don’t forget about our Halloween WOD!
Can’t wait to see you there!!
We have your holiday gifts and wishlists all taken care of!
OUR NEW SWAG SHOP IS COMING!!
Here is a little preview of some of the designs coming your way!
The Process is The Point when it comes to taking care of yourself.
In this article, one quote stood out the most: “This is the purpose of self-care – to prioritize showing up for ourselves even when it feels like a tedious, pointless chore.”
Showing up for ourselves isn’t always easy but it is necessary. We have a saying: Practice Makes Permanent. So what you practice really matters. Therefore, practice showing up for yourself. That is the point.
Aerosmith said it best: “Life’s a journey, not a destination.”
Functional Medicine Corner
We are going to start our discussion on the rainbow of phytonutrients with RED!
Foods such as apples, red peppers and kidney beans help to support specific body systems when we ingest them. Let’s look at a few red foods and the health benefits they can provide.
- These pack a powerful punch as they are an amazing source of lycopene, which has not only been shown to decrease the risk of heart attack, but also is protective against prostate, breast and skin cancers.
- Red berries such as raspberries, strawberries and cranberries
- These all contain anthocyanins, which help to protect the heart and the brain as well as serve as further protection from cancer.
- Strawberries and red grapes also contain fisetin, which has anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties.
- This fruit is especially potent as an assistant for your liver as it contains ellagic acid which helps improve detoxification.
As you can see, eating plants doesn’t only provide vitamins and fiber. (Although they too convey a huge benefit to our overall health!).
Fruits and veggies also provide natural compounds that work almost medicinally, improving our overall health and wellness!
So add berries, pomegranate seeds or tomatoes to your salad, enjoy marinara sauce or chili, make fresh salsa, or roast some beets or make beet chips. And enjoy some RED food this week!
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – Barb Lupina
Hey there Mindset family–it is a new month and that means it is time to highlight another incredible Mindset member. This month we pull out the big OG guns with our very own Barb Lupina!
She is one of our OG Masters members and she is a kettlebell swinging, weight lifting, challenge-accepting powerhouse! We have been astonished by your enthusiasm for challenges and we admire how hard you have been working this year. Your balance, strength and attitude have all changed in a very beautiful way.
We love you more than you know Barb!