The Week of
This Week’s Info
- Mobility Focus: Global
- Stability Goals: Shoulder @ 90 deg
- Skill Work: Retro Lunge
- Mindset: Doing Hard Things
WOD Programming Schedule (thru October 15th)
- Monday: MetCon
- Tuesday: Pliability
- Wednesday: Strength
- Thursday: MetCon
- Friday: Pliability
- Saturday: Strength
Julie Gandolfo, Vedic Meditation extraordinaire, will be in Michigan only until November so we are grabbing some time from her to bring you this course!
What is Vedic Meditation?
When is this course going to take place?
Click HERE to learn more and sign up!
You will see the BIG AMAZING JAR in the vestibule for your spare change as a collection for our scholarship fund! All $$ goes to sponsor an Athena athlete or a MamaBear in need of financial assistance!
2022 is almost over! How did that happen? Let’s end this year with a BANG!
- October – Models and Mentors in Movement
- We are giving you 4 free classes for a friend, child, mentee, etc. for this month! Contact Amanda (Amanda@MindsetPT.com) to sign up someone important to you!
- November – Healthy Living Locally
- We will be showcasing some amazing local partners and specialty options going into the holidays! More info next week!
- December – SERIOUS SHENANIGANS PLANNED… Brace yourself!
Don’t forget about our Halloween WOD!
Can’t wait to see you there!!
We have your holiday gifts and wishlists all taken care of!
OUR NEW SWAG SHOP IS COMING!!
Learning the power of the word YET is one of the ways you can develop a GROWTH MINDSET. As you can imagine, this is really important to us here at Mindset. This is one of the many ways we hope to evolve you, our community and the world!
Check out this quick article about 10 ways to develop a GROWTH MINDSET!
Functional Medicine Corner
As a Mindset community, we are blessed with many tools to help us not only get stronger physically, but also improve our health and wellness outside of gaining muscle mass and functional movement. (Although hitting those new PRs sure is fun!)
Now that we have the opportunity to take a course on Vedic meditation, I wanted to share what overall health benefits we can obtain by engaging in regular meditation, according to scientific study.
- Balances mood and decreases stress
- Meditation alone can decrease cortisol, which helps us not only improve anxiety but also decreases our risk of chronic disease related to long-term cortisol elevation.
- Studies also show a significant decrease in depressive symptoms with mindfulness.
- Benefits memory and brain health
- Research shows that meditation helps our brain create more gray matter, the part of the brain that helps us with information processing.
- Improves immune system health
- Routine meditation leads to a decrease in chronic inflammation, and therefore lower incidence of chronic pain, fatigue and even heart disease.
- Creates healthier sleep patterns
- Studies suggest that regular meditation can contribute to faster sleep onset and deeper sleep throughout the night.
So if possible, take advantage of this fantastic opportunity! And happy meditating!
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – Barb Lupina
Hey there Mindset family–it is a new month and that means it is time to highlight another incredible Mindset member. This month we pull out the big OG guns with our very own Barb Lupina!
She is one of our OG Masters members and she is a kettlebell swinging, weight lifting, challenge-accepting powerhouse! We have been astonished by your enthusiasm for challenges and we admire how hard you have been working this year. Your balance, strength and attitude have all changed in a very beautiful way.
We love you more than you know Barb!