The Week of
This Week’s Info
- Monday: Happy Labor Day!
- Tuesday: “The Brittany”
- Wednesday: “The Rachel”
- Thursday: “The Amy”
- Friday: “The Jan”
- Saturday: “The Julie”
WOD Programming Schedule
- September 6-10th – Member Week!
- September 12 – 17th – Assessment Week!
- September 19 – 24th – A New Training Cycle Begins!
Mindset’s Favorite Things…
- For the home stretch of 2022, we are going to have some serious fun!
- Plan on a new theme, lots of wisdom, giveaways and celebrations EVERY month!
- October – Models and Mentors in Movement
- We are giving you 4 free classes for a friend, child, mentee, etc. for this month!
- Contact Amanda (Amanda@MindsetPT.com) to sign up someone important to you!
- The Halloween Costume WOD will be on Oct 29th! Mark your calendars!
Did you know it is physically, emotionally and cognitively healthy to celebrate yourself and others? Let’s celebrate the big things! The little things!
Why is celebrating important? Let’s talk about it!
- Celebrations reduce stress responses!
- Celebration releases happiness!
- Celebration strengthens communities!
So LET’S PARTY this week!!!
Functional Medicine Corner
Last week we discussed how we can provide more nutrient density into our breakfast each morning. This week, let’s focus on how to ensure we are fueling optimally around noon to provide us sustained energy through the second half of the school or work day.
- Maximize sources of protein
- Ensuring adequate protein portions at lunchtime will help to provide sustained energy that lasts to the end of the school day and beyond.
- This can be in the form of a deli meat sandwich, but hard-boiled eggs, nuts, hummus, or left-over roast from the night before are also great options!
- Provide variety and color
- Lunches can become very quickly boring after a couple of weeks of the same foods.
- Working on including different colors in fruits and vegetables with yogurt dips or nut butters can provide some interest, as well as increased nutrient density.
- Even consider themes such as Mexican or Mediterranean to jazz lunchtime up a bit!
- Add creativity with things like yogurt, salad or protein bowls
- Send separate ingredients in small wraps or bento boxes, as well as some type of container to mix them all. Then ingredients remain fresh until they are mixed together before eating.
Below are some ideas to help get your creative juices flowing! Enjoy creating!
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – Zoe Dekoff
Hey there Mindset community–we need your help! Check out our September Member of the Month, Zoe DeKoff! Help us celebrate her all month long.
Zoe is a joy to have in the gym! Her attitude, spirit and calm presence lifts the mood of every WOD she attends. We love seeing her progress in her own goals and we admire how she has invested time in herself and movement with us. She has been a high achiever in our recent Summer of You challenge.
Zoe, we are amazed at how you have prioritized yourself! Keep up the great work–we are so proud of you!
Help us shower Zoe with Mindset love and support this month!