The Week of
Growing Your Grit
This Week’s Info
- Mobility Focus: Thoracic and Hip
- Stability Goals: Shoulder and Scapula
- Skill Work: Triple Extension + Combo
- Mindset: Growing Your Grit
WOD Programming Schedule (thru July 9th)
- Monday: Happy 4th of July!
- Tuesday: Strength
- Wednesday: MetCon
- Thursday: Pliability
- Friday: Strength
- Saturday: MetCon
Summer of YOU Challenge!
- It is time… Time to shake things up and have some FUN! We are doing our first challenge of the year and it is a GOOOOOOOOOOD one!
- Check out THIS awesome video summary from Amanda!
- HERE are all the details written out for you as well!
- This is your Weekly Tracking Sheet link and it can also be found at the front desk starting next week!
- Get signed up HERE ASAP.
- Challenge begins next MONDAY July 11th
Concert in the Corners!
- Mark your calendars for THIS SATURDAY July 9th! Your Mindset Team will be participating in this Texas Corners event! Come and have fun with us and listen to some fun tunes to celebrate the summer!
- We strive to keep EVERYONE safe and seen while under our roof. We completely understand there have been many sensitive issues that have hit our hearts in many ways over the past few weeks, few months, heck… few years. Please respect your fellow members and staff, and know that everyone has different perspectives, histories and feelings right now. In addition, all of those perspectives, histories and feelings are continuing to change and evolve. Let’s practice setting the example of how people should be treated. Be the change.
- Calling all members! We want to hear from you! We would love any feedback and testimonials as to how Mindset has made a difference in your life.
- Email Amanda@MindsetPT.com if interested!
First, who is Alyssa Chang? She is a Neuroscience Health Coach which means she uses a brain based health and movement approach to helping clients get out of pain and discomfort. She teaches her clients what their bodies are trying to communicate.
Second, what is a Threat Bucket? Imagine you start every day with your own bucket. And in this bucket, you’re slowly filling it up with little stressors. Your own health history, or past trauma that maybe gets thrown into the bucket.
Everyone’s bucket can only tolerate so much before expressing its fullness. This manifestation can be shown through pain, anxiety and more.
This brief description starts to build compassion for yourself and then a framework to analyze to maybe make your threat bucket look different tomorrow.
HERE is a fantastic podcast / video for full details and HERE are some additional resources from Alyssa, including a movement library for threat / stress reduction.
Functional Medicine Corner
This week, I wanted to share a TED talk that brilliantly covers a few different important aspects of the gut. I am sometimes referred to as the “poop queen” in our building, and rightfully so.
Giulia Enders shares my passion for the gut and the myriad ways our intestinal health impacts us generally, including our emotional health. (Trigger warning: there is a brief mention of suicide in the video – no details are discussed). Giulia uses stories and creative art to help tell a story of gut function. If you enjoy this and want to dive deeper, she wrote the book “Gut” that is also a fascinating read!
This will lead into more focused discussion in the coming weeks. Enjoy this charming chat, and I hope you all enjoyed a Fourth of July weekend full of love, joy and plenty of fresh fruits and veggies to sponsor your good bacteria!
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – July
Hey there Mindset family–it is a new month so it calls for our next Mindset Member of the Month: Kathryn “Kate” Redinger! (And yes…she is ringing that PR bell! Woot woot!)
Kate, we are so honored to have you in this community. We have been amazed by your strength and perseverance. You are quietly strong and you pack a lot of power! We marvel at what you can do and we admire you for how aware you have become of your body and your breathing! You are incredibly strong and powerful–thank you for being part of our community!
Help us shower Kate with some extra Mindset love this month!