The Week of
Learning From Hard Times
This Week’s Info
- Mobility Focus: Hip External Rotation
- Stability Goals: Triplanar Single Limb Stance
- Skill Work: Triple Extension
- Mindset: Learning From Hard Times
WOD Programming Schedule
- Monday: Pliability
- Tuesday: Strength
- Wednesday: MetCon
- Thursday: Pliability
- Friday: Strength
- Saturday: MetCon
SUMMER CHALLENGE OPPORTUNITY!
- We have created a 6-week Member Challenge to put a little “pep-in-your-step” and engage in a friendly competition for the summer!
- Starting July 11th, EVERYONE has a chance to win!
- It is all about THE POINTS. You will get points for things such as tracking your food, drinking water, attending workouts, bringing a friend, sweaty selfies and more.
- HERE are ALL the details.
- Tracking forms can be found HERE and need to be turned in weekly.
- Other perks of the challenge: Improved self-love, self-compassion, and self-care. Sounds pretty good, right? If this sounds like it is for you, read on!
- Sign up HERE or through your Push Press App to join the fun!
Summer Courses are OPEN – Register yourself or your loved ones ASAP, spots are filling up!
- Afternoon session available this summer.
- MamaBear 102 enrollment is now open for our Fall session. We are almost FULL so hurry!
- Session 1 is closed but Session 2 is still open!
Cassidi is now accepting clients for Nutrition Coaching!
- Please contact Amanda (email@example.com) if you are interested in working with Cassidi on your health!
Concert in the Corners!
- Mark your calendars for July 9th! Your Mindset Team will be participating in this Texas Corners event! Come and have fun with us and listen to some fun tunes to celebrate the summer!
“Resilience means being able to adapt to life’s misfortunes and setbacks.”
Last week we spoke about how you might react to stress and threats.
Here are some additional references about the 4 types of strategies we spoke about last week:
- Nervous System Fawn response
- Nervous System Freeze response
- Nervous System Flight response
- Nervous System Fight response
Next week, we will explore our Threat Bucket in more depth with Alyssa Chang, Neuroscience Health Coach.
Functional Medicine Corner
Bone broth – comfort food, health support, base for soups and stews…there are so many reasons to incorporate this into our diet as often as possible!
Many stores offer pre-made options for this, and there are times when purchasing this is a great choice! Be aware, bone broth is NOT chicken stock – typical stock is made from chicken flavoring and other seasoning, rather than from cooking bones in water to leach the nutrients.
For those who are looking to save a little money or enjoy cooking from scratch, making bone broth can be quite easy!
The essentials needed to make bone broth include:
- Beef, chicken, pork and/or fish bones – those with some cartilage attached are best such as joints or even chicken feet, as these provide even more healing gelatin.
- Large pot, crock pot or Instant pot
Additional ingredients that can add some flavor and nutrient density include:
- Onions or leeks (1 small onion or 2-3 leeks sliced) and carrots (1 large cut into a few pieces)
- Salt (or some other form of savory seasoning)
- Get creative – you can also add mushrooms, celery, garlic, other herbs…make it according to your taste!
Place bones in a large 6-8 quart pot first, along with larger ingredients.
Place enough water to cover the bones and allow for a boil in the pot. That often means no more than 2/3-3/4 full. If cooking over the stove or in the crockpot, it is best to keep at a simmer for at least 8-10 hours, up to 24 hours or more to get as much nutrient density out of the bones. This is where the Instant Pot is a life saver – often 2-3 hours will provide a nice broth.
Optimally the finished product will “set” when placed in the fridge, much like a thin jello – that is an indication that you’ve successfully gathered those incredible nutrients from the bones.
Below are two other resources with further descriptions and recipes for Bone Broth from amazingly talented women! Enjoy!!
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – June
This month we spotlight the wonderful Debbie Betz as our Mindset Member of the Month!
Debbie has an infectious disposition and her smile can influence a room. She embraces change and has the positive attitude to go with it. She is not one to shy away from a challenge–nor meeting new friends!
We admire her energy and tenacity for trying new things and meeting new people! We are delighted to have her in not just Masters classes, but also regular workouts. Thanks Debbie for being such an energetic member and for always being YOU! #weloveyoumorethanyouknow