The Week of
Opportunity Within Failure
This Week’s Info
- Mobility Focus: Hip Extension
- Stability Goals: Hip
- Skill Work: Hip Thrust
- Mindset: Dealing with Failure
WOD Programming Schedule
- Monday / Thursday: Pliability
- Tuesday / Friday: Strength
- Wednesday / Saturday: MetCon
**COMING SOON** Our 2022 Summer Challenge!
- Oh yes… Get ready… You asked for it…
- We will be hosting a challenge starting in July ! Members will collect points for various challenges (attendance, bring a friend, etc) throughout the month! The members with the top 3 point totals will WIN $$$$!
- Entry into the challenge is $25
- #1 Winner will get 50% of the prize money!
- #2 Winner will get 20% of the prize money!
- #3 Winner will get 15% of the prize money!
- The remaining 15% will be donated to our Scholarship Fund for those in need of our MamaBear, membership and Athena programs.
- We invite ALL and ANY MAMAS to join us for our very first-ever “MamaBear Den” event THIS FRIDAY, June 17th at 7 pm, here at Mindset!
- The evening will consist of no agenda–just plan to kick-back, relax, decompress and enjoy the company of some fellow MamaBears!
- Come as you are, bring your own beverage(s), alcoholic/non-alcoholic, and something to sit on (outdoor lawn chair or the likes). Light snacks will be provided too–after all, mama sometimes doesn’t make time to feed herself, so we have you covered!
Summer Courses are OPEN! Register yourself or your loved ones ASAP!
Deep Self & Nutrition Coaching Now Available!
- HERE is more information about this amazing program!
- Please contact Amanda (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in upgrading your plan to include nutritional coaching!
Concert in the Corners!
- Mark your calendars for July 9th! Your Mindset Team will be participating in this Texas Corners event! Come and have fun with us and listen to some fun tunes to celebrate the summer!
Are you afraid or derailed by the fear of failure?
How does it feel when you fail?
What do you do when you do fail?
How do you determine your reaction to failure?
The inspiring Les Brown says “You will fail your way to success” and wow, is he right. Learning to fail faster can be a wonderful skill for growth!
Tony Robbins has additional wisdom in this 1 min clip that you should listen to a few times…
Functional Medicine Corner
Last week we discussed the importance of Vitamin C in helping us neutralize a variety of different molecules in our body to decrease oxidative stress, or in other words, to effectively prevent damage to our tissues and organs. Because of this fact, Vitamin C benefits so many aspects of our health, including supporting our ability to balance our good friend cortisol, support collagen formation, which is a foundational framework for our skin and bones, and help to fight off the allergies that attack many of us this time of year.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin – therefore, our body doesn’t store this well, and we need to get it in regularly through foods. In addition, individuals who are dealing with increased stress, those who smoke, or those on high-carb diets or with elevated blood sugar benefit from increased vitamin C as their bodies need additional antioxidant support. So, what foods provide the highest amounts of this essential nutrient?
Citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons and grapefruit are always a good source of Vitamin C. But there are many other fruits that also pack quite a bit of C, including guava, strawberries, papaya, cantaloupe, and kiwi. And don’t forget your vegetables – sweet red peppers actually provide more Vitamin C than many of the above fruits, including oranges! Other veggies that can pack a Vitamin C punch include spinach, broccoli, green pepper, brussell sprouts, and sweet potato.
Now you have a list for the grocery store and farmer’s market in the coming week! Enjoy those beautifully colored plants in at least a couple of meals daily, and you are helping your body develop more resilience to all that life throws at you.
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – June
This month we spotlight the wonderful Debbie Betz as our Mindset Member of the Month!
Debbie has an infectious disposition and her smile can influence a room. She embraces change and has the positive attitude to go with it. She is not one to shy away from a challenge–nor meeting new friends!
We admire her energy and tenacity for trying new things and meeting new people! We are delighted to have her in not just Masters classes, but also regular workouts. Thanks Debbie for being such an energetic member and for always being YOU! #weloveyoumorethanyouknow