This Week’s Info
- Theme: Assessment Week!
- Mobility Focus: Global
- Stability Goals: Global
- Skill Work: Global
- Mindset: Give It All You’ve Got!
WOD Programming Schedule
Check out these helpful videos for what to expect!
- Monday: Assessment Day A
- Tuesday: Assessment Day B
- Wednesday: Assessment Day C
- Thursday: Assessment Day A
- Friday: Assessment Day B
- Saturday: Assessment Day C
- We invite you join us for our very first-ever “MamaBear Den” event the evening of Friday, June 17th at 7 pm, here at the Mindset PT gym & clinic.
- The evening will consist of no agenda–just plan to kick-back, relax, decompress and enjoy the company of some fellow MamaBears!
- We invite you to come as you are, bring your own beverage(s), alcoholic/non-alcoholic, and something to sit on (outdoor lawn chair or the likes). Light snacks will be provided too–after all, mama sometimes doesn’t make time to feed herself, so we have you covered!
Summer Courses are OPEN! Register yourself or your loved ones ASAP!
Deep Self & Nutrition Coaching Now Available!
- HERE is more information about this amazing program!
- Please contact Amanda (email@example.com) if you are interested in upgrading your plan to include nutritional coaching!
Concert in the Corners!
- Mark your calendars for July 9th! Your Mindset Team will be participating in this Texas Corners event! Come and have fun with us and listen to some fun tunes to celebrate the summer!
Assessment Week is back this week! Here are some great ways to prepare yourself!
- Breathe! Remember you have actually been preparing for this through our programming.
- For those of you doing this for your first time, have fun and gather baseline data!
- Remember that none of these numbers show any value about you as a human! It is just information you can use to track your progress over time.
- Eat nutritious food! Give your body the energy and nutrients it needs to perform and recover.
- Drink your water people! Even consider adding a pinch of salt in your water (not enough to taste).
- Try to get to each Assessment Day once to expose yourself to the different areas of testing.
- RING THE BELL when you achieve a personal record! Write your achievements on the board! Celebrate every single win and attempt!
- Have FUN! CHEER on your fellow workout buddies! GIVE IT YOUR ALL!
Functional Medicine Corner
Vitamin C is an amazing nutrient to help support our immune system health. This is a reason we all tend to reach toward orange juice or oranges, grapefruit, or vitamin C supplements when we get a cold. However, Vitamin C has several other uses to support our overall health, including helping us to renew and restore after all the insults our body is exposed to daily. Let’s dive into this a little…
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant – this is likely a term you have heard tossed around quite a bit, but what does that mean? When our body is living from day to day, we create molecules called free radicals. These particles can create damage to other cells in our body as they remove electrons and create instability and decreased function. Antioxidants like Vitamin C come into the body and donate extra electrons to these free radicals, creating stable particles that can no longer cause damage to our own tissues. Our body makes our own free radicals as we are metabolizing our food or working out. However, exposure to chemicals, UV radiation, air pollution, etc. can also add to our free radical load. Vitamin C can help to combat this insult, regardless of the cause.
In addition, Vitamin C can help to support adrenal health and balance cortisol! Adding in Vitamin C can also help us absorb iron further, act as a natural antihistamine support during this season of allergy flares, and provide an essential nutrient to collagen formation, which means that it supports not only skin elasticity, but also bone health!
Next week we will discuss the foods we can focus on when trying to increase Vitamin C concentration in our diet. Citrus fruits aren’t the only powerhouses to focus on!
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – June
This month we spotlight the wonderful Debbie Betz as our Mindset Member of the Month!
Debbie has an infectious disposition and her smile can influence a room. She embraces change and has the positive attitude to go with it. She is not one to shy away from a challenge–nor meeting new friends!
We admire her energy and tenacity for trying new things and meeting new people! We are delighted to have her in not just Masters classes, but also regular workouts. Thanks Debbie for being such an energetic member and for always being YOU! #weloveyoumorethanyouknow