This Week’s Info
- Theme: Attention – Pain
- Mobility Focus: Shoulder / Thoracic Spine
- Stability Goals: Rotator Cuff 90-180 degrees
- Skill work: Hang Power Clean
WOD Programming Schedule
- New Schedule from March 14th – April 9th
- Monday / Thursday – MetCon
- Tuesday / Friday – Pliability
- Wednesday / Saturday – Strength
- Athena is BACK!
- Dr. Allyson and Cassidi are bringing back Mindset’s POWERFUL and life-changing female athlete program for girls ages 12-15.
- We focus on physical and true self development.
- In addition, we partner with many amazing women who are included during our speaker section of each session.
- Click HERE to register your female athlete today!
- NOW AVAILABLE – Deep Self & Nutrition Coaching!
- HERE is more information about this program!
- We will now be offering nutrition coaching in our membership packages! We would be honored to upgrade your membership to include these expert services!
- Our updated Member Guide is also attached to this email for reference.
- Please contact Amanda (email@example.com) if you are interested in upgrading your plan to include nutritional coaching!
Pain is a complicated issue for many of us. Did you know that pain is actually just a signal that is processed by your brain?
Pain is affected by so many things, including fatigue, mood, life experiences, trauma, dehydration, and more.
Pain may be a fact of life for some, but it is NOT the resting state of the human being. Pain can make you feel like you don’t have a choice but you ALWAYS have a choice.
Your body is on your side. Sometimes it might just need some guidance, reframing or remodeling. HERE is a cool podcast to understand more about pain, where it comes from and how it works!
Next week we will simplify things into 2 Modes: Growth Mode and Defense Mode!
Functional Medicine Corner
Last week we discussed the difference between the sympathetic (fight or flight) versus parasympathetic (rest and digest) nervous system responses.
These are two “modes” our nervous system can settle into, depending on whether the brain senses stress or not. We often think of stress as having an emotional or mental source. However, long-term physical stress can also impact this system – this can include chronic disease, frequently eating highly processed foods, long-term sleep deprivation or significant overtraining.
Ideally, we should shift in between these two branches of our nervous system regularly. This provides us with metabolic resilience – we can perform optimally when life demands it because we are able to shift to a more restful state to allow our bodies to heal and recover from periods of high demand.
Think of your body’s physical health as a bank account. During periods of significant stress and demand, the sympathetic response requires that our body use quite a bit of energy to help fuel optimal function. This is taking out a withdrawal from our overall health account. Afterward, we need to be able to rest, recover and heal – or put a deposit back into our health account. Metabolic resilience is achieved when our deposits are larger or more frequent than our withdrawals.
In order to obtain optimal metabolic resilience, we need to be intentional about encouraging our bodies to find that parasympathetic state more frequently. I hope you all have been able to find at least a few periods over the last week to put in some deposits. We’ll discuss more ideas next week on how to do just that!
~ Carrie Palmer PA-C, IFMCP
Please feel free to reach out to Carrie directly with additional questions at 269-224-1659!
Member of the Month – March
Allow me to introduce Helen Lemmer! You will find Helen showing up almost every single day! She has grown leaps and bounds in her strength, posture and balance. We love having her around and seeing that smile!
Sometimes you will also catch the Lemmer Ladies as her daughter, Kristina is a member too! It is so awesome to see these two improving their health TOGETHER!
COVID Policy Updates
- You can find our complete COVID-19 Protocol HERE
- Previous Newsletters can be found HERE!
- Use our MindsetPT app or our website calendar for easy reference!
WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!
– Your Mindset Family