- Theme: “Evaluate”
- Assessment Week will be the week of July 12th.
- Start to refine one goal you would like to test that week!
- Mobility Focus: Global
- Stability Goals: Front Line
- Skill work: Hang Clean and Press
- Why: The hang power clean builds lower body strength to help you lift or move heavy objects throughout the day. When performed properly, it will also help you to develop a strong postural skill that may be helpful for people who need to be on their feet all day.
- Start Position: Hang position
- Action: Triple extension with retro shrug, then drop quickly under the bar to catch
- Rack/Receive/Catch Position: Power front rack stance (partial squat) then transition into an overhead press!
- Need extra time to learn the hang power clean? Watch THIS or THIS!
- Bonus: HERE are the different types of cleans!
WOD Programming Schedule (thru July 10th)
- Monday/Thursday – Pliability
- Tuesday/Friday – Strength
- Wednesday/Saturday – MetCon
- NEW GYM SOFTWARE
- We are going to be upgrading our gym software/app soon to promote your gym experience! We are so excited to share this with you!
- Transition Date: AUGUST 1st!
- We ask your patience as we make this change! More details to come!
- Barre Class Opportunity!
- Barre class is a workout technique inspired by elements of ballet, yoga, and Pilates. It focuses on low-impact, high-intensity movements designed to strengthen your body in ways that few other workouts can.
- Would you like to see us add this to our offerings? Fill out this survey to tell us your thoughts!
- Athena registration is officially open!
- When: Saturdays 12-2pm
- Dates: July 17th – Aug 21st
- Register HERE ASAP! Please spread the word about this awesome program!
- The Fit3D Machine is coming soon!
- Learn more HERE!
- It is scheduled to be here mid-July. We will be scheduling scans for all members the first week of August (or sooner!!)
Eating what we want and exercising are two POSITIVE things we do because we feel good about it in one way or another. One doesn’t have to be conditional on the other and neither should be a reward or punishment for the other.
- Exercise because you feel good about it.
- Treat yourself and enjoy quality foods because you feel good about it.
Stop the self-abuse, negative self talk, and self-inflicted punishment. It perpetuates a negative cycle of self value and self sabotage from bad choices and behaviors.
Be physically active, enjoy quality foods you love often, and do what you feel good about!
Member of the Month – July
Kalani Burghard is one amazing athlete!
Things she loves:
- Working hard
- Ball slams
- Proper breathing
- Being a mom
- Being a wife
- Being a daughter
- Being a teacher
Things she dislikes:
- The assault bike
- Dishonest humans
Things you didn’t know about her:
- She is a Big-10 soccer referee
- She has a pony 🙂
COVID Policy Updates
- You can find our complete COVID-19 Protocol HERE
- New CDC and Michigan Mask Requirement UPDATE
- We will no longer be requiring members to wear masks as of Monday!
- All members are required to avoid entering our facility with the symptoms of COVID-19 listed on your class confirmation email.
- If you would rather continue to wear a mask, please do! We will continue to get outside as often as possible as well.
- Please follow the guidelines put forth by the State of Michigan indicated here:
WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!
– Your Mindset Family