- Theme: “Reflection”
- Assessment Week will be the week of July 12th. Start to refine one goal you would like to test that week!
- Mobility Focus: Hip
- Stability Goals: Hip ABD / ER Series
- Skill work: Hang Power Clean
- Why: The hang power clean builds lower body strength to help you lift or move heavy objects throughout the day. When performed properly, it will also help you to develop a strong postural skill that may be helpful for people who need to be on their feet all day.
- Start Position: Hang position
- Action: Triple extension with retro shrug
- Rack/Receive/Catch Position: Power front rack stance (partial squat)
- Need extra time to learn the hang power clean? Watch THIS or THIS!
- Bonus: HERE are the different types of cleans!
WOD Programming Schedule (thru July 10th)
- Monday/Thursday – Pliability
- Tuesday/Friday – Strength
- Wednesday/Saturday – MetCon
- NEW GYM SOFTWARE
- We are going to be upgrading our gym software/app soon to promote your gym experience! We are so excited to share this with you!
- More info coming soon!
- Athena registration is officially open!
- When: Saturdays 12-2pm
- Dates: July 17th – Aug 21st
- Register HERE ASAP! Please spread the word about this awesome program!
- The Fit3D Machine is coming soon!
- Learn more HERE!
- It is scheduled to be here mid-July. We will be scheduling scans for all members the first week of August (or sooner!!)
- Self Defense Class
- Friday July 9th 5:30-8:30 pm for Part 1
- Friday July 16th 5:30-8:30 pm for Part 2
- PRICE: $50
- THIS IS A STEAL for this course!
- Please spread the word! Only a few spots remain!
- Register HERE!
This week is all about REFLECTION. Reflection is a tool we promote in order to live your life with purpose and intention. With assessment week coming, it is important to learn how to reflect on the journey you are on. Continually reflecting and re-evaluating your goals is the only way to ensure you’re still pursuing something relevant and important to you.
When deciding your goal for assessment week, I want you to avoid using the “set ’em and forget ’em” approach. Pick something that you want to work on (everyone has a different why), then take your baseline assessment, then reassess! This is INTENTIONAL LIVING at its finest.
- Make a goal.
- Develop a plan.
- Evaluate your techniques.
- Track progress (possibly weekly).
- Reflect / Reassess (possibly every 1-2 months).
The MAIN GOAL with all of this is to:
- Move with intention.
- Speak with intention.
- Listen with intention.
- And live with intention.
Member of the Month – July
Kalani Burghard is one amazing athlete! She loves working hard, hates the assault bike and attacks elevated ball slams. Did you know she is a Big-10 Soccer Ref too?! She is a teacher and mentor to impressionable high schoolers and just had a baby last year! This woman is unstoppable and we can’t see what she will do next!
COVID Policy Updates
- You can find our complete COVID-19 Protocol HERE
- New CDC and Michigan Mask Requirement UPDATE
- We will no longer be requiring members to wear masks as of Monday!
- All members are required to avoid entering our facility with the symptoms of COVID-19 listed on your class confirmation email.
- If you would rather continue to wear a mask, please do! We will continue to get outside as often as possible as well.
- Please follow the guidelines put forth by the State of Michigan indicated here:
WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!
– Your Mindset Family