“Always give without remembering and receive without forgetting. ”– Brian Tracy
- Theme: “The Week of Giving”
- Mobility Focus: Wrist
- Stability Goals: Scapular
- Skill work: Copenhagen Plank
So let’s revisit the Autonomic Nervous System.
It has two parts:
- Sympathetic (fight-or-flight/stress response system) and
- Parasympathetic (rest, digest, calming system).
These both have wonderful jobs to do, helping us be all that is human. But balance of these two systems is important and with all the stress we have in the world right now, learning how to increase your parasympathetic system activation is a good idea. This contributes in wonderful ways to our immune system as well – which is also crucial.The parasympathetic nervous system is the part of the nervous system we want to activate at the end of your sessions at Mindset. Why?
- Reduction of your heart and respiratory rate
- Efficient and effective recovery
- Release of certain hormones and chemicals required for internal balance
- Muscle relaxation
- It is the perfect time to implement your mindfulness practice
- Spend time in nature
- Avoid stimulants and sugar
- Avoid processed foods
- Daily breathing practice
- Daily purposeful walks
- Visualization exercises for relaxation
- Remove yourself from situations you know will increase your stress
- Happy Thanksgiving! We are so grateful for all of you! Thank you for choosing Mindset for your health and fitness partner!
WOD Programming Phase Schedule (thru Nov 28)
- Monday & Thursday: Strength
- Tuesday & Friday: Pliability
- Wednesday & Saturday: MetCon
COVID Policy Updates
- You can find our complete COVID-19 Protocol HERE
WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!
Your Mindset Family