“It’s not the load that breaks you down. It’s the way you carry it.”
– Lou Holtz
This Week’s Info
- Theme: “The Week of Stress Tolerance”
- Mobility Focus: Global
- Stability Goals: Turkish Get Up
- Skill work: Turkish Get Up
- *NEW* YOGA CLASSES
- Starting October 3rd, we will be welcoming Gena Heminover to our staff to provide yoga classes every other Saturday at 8am! She brings 10 years of yoga instruction, along with a passion for health through body connection. This will be intended for all levels, even if you are new to yoga! Check your app soon to reserve your spot!
- *MamaBear Course BEGINS Sept 29th – Registration OPEN*
- This is an 8-week course for mamas anywhere on the motherhood spectrum who are wanting to work on strength, mobility, and stability with considerations specific to a mama’s pelvic floor and core. We connect and create a space where you are safe, seen and heard for ALL THINGS MAMA.
- Tuesdays @ 7-8:30pm
- $50 for gym members and $125 for non-members.
This week’s mindfulness theme is Stress Tolerance. The definition of stress tolerance is the capacity to endure pressure or uncertainty without becoming negative (e.g. hopeless, bitter, or hostile) toward self or others. People strong in stress tolerance can withstand and may even thrive in high-pressure situations.
This definition applies to our physical, emotional and psychological self. At Mindset, we hope to increase your stress tolerance through physical awareness/control strategies, mindfulness practice and cognitive challenges.
Things that can positively affect your ability to tolerate stress:
- Healthy sleep habits
- Eating food vs food products
- Drinking sufficient amounts of water
- Breath work
- Poor sleep routine
- Processed foods
- High frequency of stress exposure
- Toxic relationships
- Sedentary lifestyle
“Strong people are harder to kill than weak people. And generally more useful.”
WOD Programming Phase Schedule
- Strength: Monday & Thursday
- Pliability: Tuesday & Friday
- MetCon: Wednesday & Saturday
COVID Policy Review
- As you know, the governor has opened gyms to indoor workouts as of last week! Wahooo!
- Based on the survey we sent out a few weeks ago, an almost unanimous response was to keep classes outdoors as long as possible. We agree! There is so much benefit to fresh air and vitamin D is crucial for our health.
- Therefore, we will continue outdoor classes but also utilize our indoor equipment a bit more often.
- Our coaches are educated on our protocols and will do everything they can to keep everyone (themselves included) safe.
- When indoors, we will practice socially distanced workouts with masks on.
- Members are asked to bring their own towel or yoga mats
- We use medical grade Re-Juv-Nal cleaner on all surfaces, including doors/handles/armrests, etc. immediately after each session
- We require every person to wash hands on arrival and wash hands on departure.
- All staff will be wearing masks for your safety.
- You can find our complete COVID-19 Protocol HERE
- Please contact Dr. Ellen at Ellen@MindsetPT.com with any additional questions.
- Reserve your spot EARLY for the classes you desire!
- Feel free to book weeks in advance to keep yourself accountable and ensure the times you prefer!
- Please use the waitlist feature so if a spot opens, you will be notified! Also, this helps our staff determine where we need to add classes for greater availability!
- Use our MindsetPT app or our live calendar on our website for easy scheduling!
WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!
Your Mindset Family