“Be so good they can’t ignore you.”
This Week’s Info
- FINAL WEEK of the 22 DAY PUSHUP CHALLENGE
- Theme: “The Week of Challenge”
- Mobility Focus: Neck and Hips
- Stability Goals: Neck and scapular complex
- Skill work: Optional handstand continuation
- *NEW* Teenage Athlete 2-Month Membership
- We now offer a 2-month membership ($145/mo) for our athletes ages 13-19 so they may continue to be active in a safe manner while sports schedules have been cancelled, rescheduled or placed on hold.
- Kettlebell WODs – Thursdays @ 4:30pm / 6:00pm
- These classes are FREE to members and $20 for walk-ins. Reserve your spot early to make sure we can maintain our COVID protocols.
- Instructional classes Kettlebell 101 (deadlift & swing) and 102 (row, clean & press) alternate Saturday mornings at 8 AM. These are also FREE to members and $20 for walk-ins.
WOD Programming Phase Schedule
- Metabolic Conditioning: Monday & Friday
- Strength: Tuesday & Thursday
- Pliability: Wednesday & Saturday
You guys know that Dr. Ellen really likes breathing…
No matter what you eat, how much you exercise, how skinny or young or wise you are, none of it matters if you’re not breathing properly. There is nothing more essential to your health and well-being than breathing: take air in, let it out, repeat 25,000 times a day. Yet, as a species, humans have lost the ability to breathe correctly with grave consequences. Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art is a wonderful book to increase your education in this area.
Journalist James Nestor travels the world to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. The answers aren’t found in pulmonology labs, as we might expect, but in the muddy digs of ancient burial sites, secret Soviet facilities, New Jersey choir schools, and the smoggy streets of São Paulo. Nestor tracks down men and women exploring the hidden science behind ancient breathing practices like Pranayama, Sudarshan Kriya, and Tummo and teams up with pulmonary tinkerers to scientifically test long-held beliefs about how we breathe.
COVID Policy Review
- Our coaches are educated on our protocols and will do everything they can to keep everyone (themselves included) safe.
- Classes will be held outdoors if possible. If there is rain or unsafe weather, there is no penalty for late cancellations.
- If it becomes unsafe to workout outside due to weather, anyone who wishes to complete the workout can do so with open gym doors, socially distanced with a mask on.
- We will notify all members booked for a class via text and email if that class is cancelled.
- EVERYONE inside the building must be masked. You are welcome to park in the rear of the center and walk behind the building to get to our outdoor workout area.
- We have masks for purchase for $5.
- Members are asked to bring their own towel or yoga mats
- We use medical grade Re-Juv-Nal cleaner on all surfaces, including doors/handles/armrests, etc. immediately after each session
- We require every person to wash hands on arrival and wash hands on departure.
- All staff will be wearing masks for your safety.
- You can find our complete COVID-19 Protocol HERE
- Please contact Dr. Ellen at Ellen@MindsetPT.com with any additional questions.
- Reserve your spot in the classes you desire!
- Feel free to book weeks in advance to keep yourself accountable and ensure the times you prefer!
- Use our MindsetPT app or our live calendar on our website for easy scheduling!
WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!
Your Mindset Family