See below for the Cold Killer Chicken Soup recipe!
Cold Killer Chicken Soup Recipe
You will need:
- One large soup/stock pot
- Pulled rotisserie chicken pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 (or more) jalapeños
- 2 medium sized onions
- 3 large carrots
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon+ red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons of FRESH rosemary, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 6-8 cups of water
- Crispy onions
- Fresh scallions
- Fresh cilantro
- Put the olive oil in the soup pot.
- Dice the celery, jalapeños, onions, and carrots or drop them into a food processor and hit them a few times to get close to diced. Toss them in the pot.
- Over low to medium heat, let the vegetables sweat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you like your veggies a little browned, go for it.
- Add the chicken broth, bone broth, and chicken to the pot. If necessary, add water until you have enough liquid in the pot to cover everything with an inch or so to spare.
- Mince the rosemary and add it to the pot.
- Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and cumin to the pot.
- Let the soup come to a boil, then let it simmer for at least 90 minutes.
- Serve it with crispy onions, diced scallions, and minced cilantro on top.